Sunday, June 22, 2008

Metroheads - Those I Would Have Loved To Spend More Time With



The young man with the strong jawline - he is very handsome and looks as if he didn't get up on time this morning, with tousled hair and sleep in the corner of his beautiful eyes.
I don't know yet that I'll only have seconds, but I hurry the pen along the paper, following my eyes, knowing that he can get up and away any time now...

The two middle-aged men , one gnawing at his lower lip while reading a newspaper, the other one concentrated on his book - another very quick encounter, I get the outlines of the faces, the hand, twisted though, the eyes or the glasses in front of them, the bend of the shirt collar...

click to open





Copyright ©estandrea - All rights reserved

NEWS
Miss Doodle revisits Pop Art - Homage to A.W. N°2

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Je trouve cela si joliment dit... comme des rendez-vous manqués ?!
Tu parviens avec si peu de traits à nous communiquer le regard au longs cils de cet homme...
J'adore tes metroheads,si peu de gens osent se regarder dans les transports !!

sukipoet said...

Oh these guys are so great. When you said you'd like to spend more time with them, at first I thought you meant they were so intriguing you'd like to have tea and a chat. But i guess you meant time to draw more slowly. You must be getting so good at quick portraits though. Is it horrid to say this? But you could prob sit on the street corner and do instant portraits for people for money. You would get instant direct reponses. But prob way harder when the person asks for a portrait. Not to mention drawing in public like that, though I hear tell lots of Parisians paint in public. On the Metro, they don't know their being drawn. :)

Andrea and Kim said...

Oh Andrea, I don't know how you do these so quickly. I believe I might think through my sketching too much...is that my past life seeping out?

I love the way you have captured these pensive faces.

I love your Metroheads.

human being said...

oh you are such a good observer...

love these... especially the way you recreate them...

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Wish I could do this as quick as you do. You capture so much with so little time. Great work as usual.

Christine DeCamp said...

Your Metroheads are wonderful! And Congratulations to you & Miss Doodle on the magazine appearance. I'm sure it is only the beginning!
Christine