Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Notebook: My Morning Dragons

On my desk there's always a glass of clear water. It's because of Oscar, the cat. He likes to drink there, on my working-desk, which is very high. I have now to put a chair in front of the desk so that he can jump in two times, he's too old (well...fat) to jump right onto the desk.

So. This glass of water always filled and the watercolor and paper I always keep on this desk make it easy for me in the morning, fresh out of bed, to stumble to my desk and do something. Just for the pleasure of handling the brush, the colors and the water, watching pigments fuse. One each day and I fill a "Morning dragon notebook" with these early morning paintings... (there are more to come)

These are friendly dragons, although they may look a bit upset cause they feel like I squeezed them into tight space, where they can't move around and spit fire etc, and they don't like to stand still....

Oh, you ask where did they come from? Maybe it's because I'm re-reading the Harry Potter Books at the moment (love them very much:)








Copyright ©estandrea - all rights reserved

12 comments:

Mim said...

ooh - these are wonderful and how fun to be re-reading Harry

Unknown said...

Mim, thanks so much, so you like Harry potter too:)

Cathie said...

Okay, these are really cool. I love them. Even without features (eyes, etc.) they have such personality. Two of them breathe fire - as evidenced by their red lungs and mouth. I like them very, very much. What an imagination you have.

Anonymous said...

Gues they look so upset because you had them get up so early?
But beautiful they are.
XXXm

Heidi Alfonzo said...

I am a total sucker for dragons! They are beautiful!

Andrea and Kim said...

Andrea I love these early morning visitors. I am not sure my early morning would produce anything quite so wonderful...I am a real morning stumbler. :)

Harry Potter is very cool and I wonder what some other readings might bring to you???

Girl, you are an art wonder!

Have a Beautiful Day!

sukipoet said...

I love this story of you stumbling from bed to your desk to paint first thing. And of Oscar being there with you in two jumps. (I am currently using a new mattress that is very high and my Emily just barely makes the jump up). Love love your dragons. The colorations and paint quality remind me of some children's book author's pictures but i cant remember his name. Have fun rereading HP. I myself read only book one. He didnt capture me.

Mónica said...

Cestandrea, your blog is beautiful, I'm glad I found it !, thank you for visiting mine and I will come to here frequently too. Keep up the excellent work !
Paz y amor,
Monica

Katiejane said...

Great dragons! I wouldn't dream of slaying them.

Lynn Cohen said...

I love your dragons Andrea...I see them as magical and fun.
It looks like watercolors are fun to play with...
You and Oscar have a good time at that tall desk...I bet he wants to dip a brush or perhaps his tail in his water...and do his own dragon paintings. Let's see what he can do.

Anonymous said...

that last dragon is most definitely an Aries dragon - I'd recognize here anywhere!

marianne said...

Wow so lovely!
My cats love to drink from my mineral water on my desk as well.
And dragons.....my son is a big fan so I always keep my eyes open for dragons. I have bought him a nice vest and a watch from Ed Hardy with dragons in China, so I have made him very happy.
ps thanks for your kind comments this las 2 weeks Andrea!