Thursday, May 7, 2009

Transformation


Thank you for your kind comments which I put in my suitcase and take with me to NYC:)
The bag is packed, Oscar is watching us, he is mistrusting us. We'll be off to Germany tomorrow morning and leave Oscar the cat there with my parents. He'll have his own vaccation there in the wonderful garden. He specially enjoys lying under big fern leaves, wher nobody sees him but he can watch everything!

Before going, I'm still with my fingers in paint. Above another one of those little poppy-painting-cut-into-pieces cards I showed you in a previous post, which I put into a paper frame to get another perspective.
On top you see the "translation" into oilpastel on paper. I'm planning on doing 42 of those.
Each one reminding the others but never the same. I slightly change the shapes and colors, so that noone (including me) gets bored...

Check out Miss Doodle in her closet...

Copyright ©estandrea - All rights reserved

16 comments:

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Well you are busy right up to take off time. Pretty colors you use. A new series to look forward to.
Does Oscar ride well in the car?
He will enjoy his retreat while you are off in NYC having the time of your life. :)

Unknown said...

Cris:) Oscar is rather calm in the car, he meows a bit at the beginning but then it's (rather) ok. Well it isn't one of his favourite things:)
I give him a sedation pill too, so that he is less anxious. And in his box we put a sort of napper, so that when he has to pee, we can change this on a parking place. Poor things don't like to travel very much , don't they? Once he is in the garden, he's the happiest tomcat,
love
Andrea

Yvette said...

Andrea, what news, launch party in new York, meeting Kim!
congratulations!
kissies
yvette

sukipoet said...

Oscar has a lovely place to be while you are away. love your new series. have a fabulous trip.

Lynn Cohen said...

Lovely, lovely!

Cats know when we are packing to go somewhere. It totally freaks out Henry. We try to take him to the carelady the day before so it's not AS tramatic for him.

I know how excited you are. You addressed your last letter to me to Kim. Tee Hee. It's okay, I totally understood! LOLOL

Just go and enjoy and be proud your work is wanted in so many different places!

ArtistUnplugged said...

Those colors and shapes are simply scrumptious!!! Oscar has to suffer a bit before he enjoys his 'Eden', have fun, sounds like he will too!

soulbrush said...

what excitement, what an adventure. enjoy.

Andrea and Kim said...

Girl, you do not stop! This is truly stunning and I am eager to watch this series develop! I love how this is working out so nicely for you! The end results are fantastic!

See you soon!

klaproos said...

have a nice trip andrea,
and come vback safe in the arm's of us webbies:-)

Steve (My Dog Ate Art) said...

Lovely colours - big congrats on the NY thing as well - stay lucky

Lynette said...

Andrea, have a fantastic trip to NYC!!

Hannah said...

Wonderful and happy colors I like it so much!

choule[bnkr] said...

nice work. And have a good trip.

Free Blog Directory said...

Nice blog

Peter J. Crowley said...

NYC, Have you already come and gone? I have been lax in my visits and now I find you will be 1 1/2 hours from me by train. You could come and look at flowers close up. Have a great trip and if you have time come see Connecticut. enjoy pjc

klaproos said...

i wonder...
did you get stuck in the elevator:-)