Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Bird I painted while thinking of Jill



Watercolour, inkpen and coloured pencil, 30 x 40 cm (11,8 x 15,7")

Copyright ©estandrea - All rights reserved


I painted this bird today, from a picture I took last summer in a beautiful park in Paris.

I wanted to paint something colourful, somptuous, as I was thinking of Jill. Because her art ressembles beautiful exotic birds, and rollercoasters and jelly beans and hippy summer clothes, southamerican colours, childhood dreams.

They are a colour-firework, sparkling. Curious? Please visit her, she has several blogs, I only mention two: you'll find the others easily.

and


Ich wollte etwas für Jill malen, etwas somptuöses, farbenreiches. Da entstand heute dieser Pfau, nach einem Photo welches ich letztes Jahr im Jardin des Bagatalelle in Paris aufgenommen hatte.
Jills Kunst ist wunderbar farbig und erinnert mich an Jahrmärkte, Zuckerwatte und knallrosa Erdbeerschaum, an guatemaltekische Farben und Stoffe, an bunte Bonbons und Sommerfeste:)
Ich habe nur zwei ihrer vielen Blogadressen angegeben, die anderen findet Ihr leicht selbst heraus.

11 comments:

sukipoet said...

Lovely peacock. They are so beautiful. I have some peacock feather earrings that I have never worn. thanks for the link to Jill.

Micki said...

Beautiful peacock painting.

andrea said...

Her work is nice. I love how you've done the feathers here. Beautiful little painting.

Genie said...

I love Peacocks. The painting is lovely.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Wow.. this is fantastic. I love it. Such wonderful background colors too. the pop and so does the peacock. You out did yourself on this one Andrea. :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors in this. Just lovely.

Lynn Cohen said...

Lovely painting of this peacock Andrea. I love the soft colors and the details in her feathers. And the background colors really make her stand out.

Unknown said...

What a fabulous piece of work -- wonderful colors!

Andrea and Kim said...

Andrea! This peacock is really quite beautiful. I also love the background to this painting!

Thank you so much for the links to Jill's blogs. I will be going there now to see what she is all about!

Thanks again for sharing so much with us!

patti said...

Beautiful colour - so warm and sensual.

human being said...

Was checking my Google Reader...Seems I've missed this beautiful watercolor... just gorgeous.